The Kent County Parks Foundation announced today that it has elected new officers and added new board members.
The nonprofit dedicated to supporting the park system in Kent County said the new officers will serve a two-year term. They are:
· President: Jim Conner, vice president of business development at Triangle Associates
· Vice president: Denise Kolesar, president of Kohler Expos, which promotes West Michigan Women’s Expo and other consumer shows
· Secretary: Tom Amon, an attorney at Warner Norcross & Judd LLP, who is also a new board member
· Treasurer: Betsy Haller, first vice president at Chemical Bank
The new board members will serve a three-year term with the Kent County Parks Foundation, which is dedicated to expanding and improving parkland, protecting the environment and preserving open space in Kent County. In addition to Amon, the new board members are:
· Shelley Irwin, host and producer of the WGVU Morning Show
· Ellen Bristol, director of communications and public relations at Metro Health Hospital
· Todd Harvey, director of private bank sales and senior vice president at Fifth Third Bank
· Lynn Jarman-Johnson, chief marketing officer for Consumers Credit Union
· Bob Karel, lead listener at CQL
Lori Baker, a partner at Baker Holtz CPAs and Advisors, is stepping down from the board after 15 years of service, including two as president.
“Without Lori’s enthusiasm and dedication to our Kent County Parks, the Foundation would not be where it is today,” said Kate Meyer, executive director. “She has been an exceptional leader and ambassador for our parks over the years. We are so grateful for her unwavering support of the Foundation.”